z/OS MVS Concepts
This course is designed for delegates new to z/OS MVS who need an understanding of the operating system and the IBM mainframe before further education.
The course is intended for personnel who are new to the z/OS MVS environment.
On completion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- understand what the IBM hardware platform can offer
- understand the MVS environment
- understand the concept of Virtual Storage
- understand what different types of software are available
- have a grasp of the technical terms
- lay the foundation for future technical training
- Operating Systems
- On-line Transaction Processing
- Short Glossary of Terms
The next step
After completing this course, delegates may attend the Using TSO/ISPF course and the Using z/OS MVS JCL course.
page updated: 27/12/09
© 2010 MKCT Ltd.