This course provides material and exercises on the facilities provided by the ISPF Program Development Facility running under the z/OS operating system and TSO. It is mainly used to develop, maintain and test programs.
The course is suitable for all users who need to handle data sets and data including:
- those users who are new to the IBM environment and need to use the ISPF/PDF facilities for program development.
- those users who are converting from another IBM mainframe environment.
- programmers who may be about to embark on different types of projects where they will be using the mainframe for program development and testing.
Attendance of the z/OS MVS Concepts course would be useful.
This course is intended to run over 2 to 3 days depending on the depth of knowledge the delegate is required to achieve by the end of the course. Duration may also be affected by local standards at a customer's site if run in-house. Practical exercises will take part throughout the course.
On completion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Use the PDF editor with a degree of efficiency
- Understand the use of EDIT Profiles
- Use the more common options in ISPF especially the Utilities
- Use the BROWSE/VIEW facility and understand the difference between them
- Use the ISPF Help facility
- Navigate through the ISPF facilities by using the menus, fastpaths and split screens
- Submit Jobs and view their output
- Customise PF key settings
- The TSO Environment
- TSO Commands
- Introduction to ISPF
- TSO Data Sets
- ISPF Browser/Viewer
- ISPF Facilities/Utilities
- The PDF Editor
- Job Submission
page updated: 27/12/09
© 2010 MKCT Ltd.