USING z/OS MVS JCL
This course provides the delegate with a thorough understanding of basic Job Control language and procedures.
The course is suitable for:
- Users who need to initiate batch jobs for processing in a z/OS environment.
- Programmers who will be using the IBM mainframe for program testing.
Knowledge of basic z/OS MVS Concepts and practical use of TSO/ISPF and the PDF editor.
This course is intended to run over 2 or 3 days depending on the depth of knowledge the delegate is required to achieve by the end of the course. Desk and Practical exercises will take part throughout the course.
On completion of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Define the function and use of JCL statements
- Code syntactically correct JCL statements
- Deal with JCL failures
- Understand Conditional Execution
- Handle user data sets
- Understand the use of both in-stream and cataloged procedures
- Have an understanding of Generation Data Groups
- Overview of JCL
- JCL Structure and Syntax
- COMMENT, DELIMITER and NULL Statements
- JOB, EXEC and DD Statements
- Batch Utility Programs
- Conditional Execution (COND and 'IF ... THEN ... ELSE' construct)
- In-stream and system output data sets
- Reserved DD names
- User data sets
- SMS data sets
- OUTPUT Statement
- JCLLIB, INCLUDE and SET Statements
- Generation Data Groups
page updated: 27/12/09
© 2010 MKCT Ltd.